Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Transfer Equivalency Tool

Whether you are a prospective student planning on transferring to UIC from a two-year school in Illinois or a current student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) considering taking courses somewhere other than at UIC, Transferology® can help to ensure that you enroll in the proper courses. It will allow you to determine which courses transfer to UIC and how the course fits into the LAS requirements.

Using Transferology® Heading link

  1. Click on “Get Started!”
  2. Create an account by entering your name, email address, and a password.
  3. Sign in.
  4. Enter the school name of the transfer institution for where you wish to take or have already taken a course.
  5. Choose the term you wish to take or have already taken the course (e.g. Summer 2018).
  6. Enter the department of the course (e.g. English, History, etc.).
  7. Select the course that you believe would best match the one for which you want credit at UIC (based on course titles). You can choose more than one and also select the course(s) you have already taken.
  8. Click on “Find schools that accept my coursework.”
  9. Select “University of Illinois at Chicago,” if it shows up in the list of schools found.
  10. A list of potential course matches will then appear. The transfer school’s course will be listed on the left side of the arrow and the UIC equivalent will be on the right.


Need more help using Transferology? Check out this video guide.

Look up course equivalency

LAS Academic Advising Center Heading link

In addition to utilizing Transferology, prospective students are encouraged to meet with academic advisors from the advising centers of their transfer institutions, as well as counselors from UIC’s Office of Admissions.

Current UIC students should bear in mind that there are certain limitations on acceptable credits from other institutions. If you are a current UIC student and are considering taking courses at any college or university other than UIC, you must meet with an LAS academic advisor to obtain permission beforehand. To schedule an appointment, please sign-on to