In the Classroom
Teaching Resources & Policies Heading link
Grades & Grading Policies
- Grades – Grade Submission Schedule, Online Grade Change, Midterm Grading, Banner Grade Support, and Instructions.
- Faculty Grading Handbook –An in-depth grading handbook from the Office of the Registrar.
- Blackboard Grading—a useful resource for using Blackboard for recording grades and creating assessments.
Syllabus Design & Resources
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching Excellence – CATE provides comprehensive teaching support, toolkits, policy information, and workshops for in-person and online teaching.
- Drop-In Hours Guide – a guide of drop-in hours, best practices, and outreach strategies to encourage students, foster a sense of belonging, and enhance academic achievement.
Developing Online Courses
- LAS EPC Guidelines – approved detailed guidelines for creating online courses. Consult these guidelines if you are planning on creating an online general education course.
- CATE Syllabus Toolkit for Synchronous Online Courses
- CATE Syllabus Toolkit for Asynchronous Online Courses
- Best Practices for Asynchronous Discussions – a useful guide for creating engaging asynchronous discussions from Bryn Mawr College.
General Education Teaching Resources
- LAS General Education Teaching Resources – this site is a comprehensive guide to teaching general education courses. It provides toolkits, best practices, and guidelines.
- LAS General Education Core Website – an overview of General Education courses, categories, and general education learning outcomes.
- LAS EPC Guidelines – Consult these guidelines if you are planning on creating an online general education course.
- LAS General Education Core
- Inclusive Teaching Toolkit – resources provided by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching Excellence to help instructors create a diverse and accessible student-centered classroom.
- Social Justice Education Resources – helpful resources for creating inclusive and equitable teaching practices and curriculum.
- Drop-In Hours Guide – a guide of best practices and outreach strategies to encourage students, foster a sense of belonging, and enhance academic achievement.
- Disability Resource Center
- Accessible Teaching Guide – a guide of best practices to create an accessible and inclusive online class that meets the various needs of students with disabilities.