Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Research Initiative Applications Open
Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Research Initiative
The LASURI program is an annual competition pairing undergraduate research assistants with LAS faculty mentors to undertake research projects for one year or one semester. Engage in conducting and presenting research. Collaborate with LAS faculty mentors on a research project. Gain invaluable hands-on experience. Receive $1250 per semester.
Your Research Experience Unfolds Here!
1. Search for a faculty mentor by visiting the Undergraduate Research Experience web site at www.ure.uic.edu
2. Attend a question & answer session February 4 or 14, 2013 to learn more and get guidance in completing the application.
3. Prepare your research proposal.
4. Submit your application between January 7 - March 4, 2013.
LASURI participants must:
• be officially enrolled as a full-time student in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (your major must be in an LAS department)
• have completed at least 24 credit hours at UIC by the time you begin your research (Freshmen can apply for work to be done next year)
• have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
For more information: web: lasuri.las.uic.edu
See the full program here.