Eligibility for LASURI
To be eligible for LASURI, a student must:
- be enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- identify and establish a relationship with a faculty mentor who will support the application and guide the proposed research throughout the award period.
- be officially enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and remain full-time throughout the award period.
- have completed at least 24 credit hours by the time the award period begins.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- be in good standing at the time of the application and remain in good standing throughout the award period.
Prior research experience is not required!
Students who have already received two semesters of LASURI funding are not eligible to apply again.
Students selected for LASURI must:
- maintain an active and productive research partnership with their faculty mentor throughout the award period.
- conduct research and submit their work to the faculty mentor for feedback.
- maintain good standing and full-time status.
- present their research findings in a public forum.
- submit a final research abstract for the LASURI abstract archive.
- Faculty mentors may hold tenure-line, clinical, emeritus, or research appointments. Graduate and Teaching Assistants may not serve as faculty mentors.
- Faculty from all colleges are welcome to participate in LASURI, but preference is given to faculty members who hold an appointment or official affiliation with an LAS department.
- Faculty may support more than one LASURI application but will be asked to rank their applicants.