Eligibility for LASURI
To be eligible for LASURI, a student must:
- be officially enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and remain full-time throughout the award period.
- have a major field of study in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- have completed at least 24 credit hours by the time the award period begins.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- be in good standing at the time of the application and remain in good standing throughout the award period.
- find a faculty mentor who will support the application and guide the proposed research project throughout the award period.
Prior research experience is not required! Beginning with the 2018-19 cycle, students who have already received two semesters of LASURI funding are not eligible to apply again.
Students selected for LASURI must:
- maintain a research partnership with their faculty mentor throughout the award period.
- conduct research and submit a final project to the faculty mentor for feedback.
- maintain good standing and full-time status.
- present their research in a public forum.
- submit an abstract to the LASURI abstract archive.
Faculty mentors may have clinical, emeritus, or research associate appointments. Faculty from all colleges are welcome to participate in LASURI, but preference is given to faculty members who hold an appointment or official affiliation with a LAS department. If faculty are willing and able to mentor more than one student, they may support more than one LASURI application.